Herston Caravan and Camp Site
Herston Caravan and Camp Site is an award-winning family-friendly site set in lovely countryside near to Dorset's Jurassic Coast beaches as well as the bustling town of Swanage with its restaurants, pubs and shops.
TOURING CARAVANS AND MOTORHOMES
Heston Caravan and Camp Site’s pitches are level and are available in Superior, Standard and Grass (see website for details of each).
There are camping pitches for all types of tents and all types of camper. Every pitch offers level ground, clean shower/toilet areas and unlimited use of the leisure facilities. Choose from three fields:
~ Sea View Field is close to all facilities and is recommended for families.
~ Spear Point Field feels more secluded and spacious. (The furthest pitch is still only 150m from all facilities.)
~ First Field is equipped with electrical hook up points and water points and is closest to the facilities.
Please note that the camping pitches are on a strictly first come first served basis, Herston are unable to take bookings or reserve a particular area with in the Sea View Field or the Spear Point Field. However if you require an electric hook up then these are available to pre-book in the First Field.
• The main shower and toilet facilities are located to the left of the shop, there are also newly refurbished toilets and family shower rooms available in each corner of the camping fields. Disabled toilets and showers are also available.
• Visit the “The Old Mess Room” and unwind with just a coffee or cocktail or order a meal and sit back and relax in front of the log burning fire.
• For your nightly entainment visit “The Show Bar” with its stage and dance floor, custom sound & lighting system, this is the place to be until the wee small hours of the morning. Join in the Karaoke or listen to local bands and discos.
• The site shop carries most of the day to day essentials you may need, from fresh milk to your daily newspaper. You can also find information on activities, places to go and any info about the local area.
• There is a new childens play area, conveniently located at the rear of the Old Mess Room, so that you can supervise your kids while enjoying a drink or food whilst making use of the Free WiFi available throughout the bar area.
HERSTON HOLIDAY HOMES
There are a variety of luxury self-catering properties for hire. They range from sleeping upto 4 to sleeping upto 7 people.
High quality furnishings, fittings and appliances ensure that you will have the time to relax.
The setting and location of the cabins provide the privacy for that unforgettable romantic long weekend or longer stay. A bolt hole to return to after a day out sailing, walking, immersing yourselves in the natural beauty and history of the area, or maybe just sitting with the Sunday papers, with a glass of wine and good company.
Each lodge is luxuriously fitted out and many have whirlpool baths and a Jacuzzi/Hot Tub. (Please see website for more details).
OUT AND ABOUT
There's plenty to do in the surrounding area for all ages: perhaps take a ride on the steam-powered Swanage Railway, visit Monkey World or take a walk on the South West Coast Path. The popular attractions of Corfe Castle, Old Harry Rocks and Durdle Door are all less than half an hour's drive from Herston Caravan and Camp Site.
Herston Caravan and Camp Site is set very near to Herston Halt which is a stop on the famous Swanage steam railway. It makes a great place to start your touring holiday. From the site the steam trains travel through grand scenery on a restored railway line to the charming Corfe Castle and Swanage town centre.
Herston Caravan and Camp Site makes a great base for exploring glorious sandy beaches, unbelievable coastal scenery, fossils, dinosaur footprints and a wide variety of bird life and wildlife.
Visit Herston Caravan and Camp Site website for further information
Herston Caravan and Camp Site
Herston Yards Farm Ltd