Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park
Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park is peaceful and select with excellent on-site facilities including a luxury indoor swimming pool and a spa. There is also a sauna, steam-room and gym; a great play area for children, an indoor games room and a woodland walk.
Brongwyn is nestled in the countryside in a lovely, unspoilt corner of Ceredigion in West Wales, about half a mile from the village of Penparc so a "gentle stroll!" (2 petrol stations, both have mini-marts). Cardigan - a small market town with shops, supermarkets, banks, theatre, cinema and cafes, take-aways and restaurants is three miles away.
Caravanners and campers can enjoy Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park’s 3 acres that is level, well-drained and grassy with some hard standing pitches. The area is sheltered on all sides by mature hedgerows and trees and features all night low energy lighting.
The park’s pitches are spacious and leave plenty of room for eating outside or having a family barbeque. A majority of the pitches have electric hook-up points. There are water points scattered through the campsite.
Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park makes an excellent location for your touring caravan or camping holiday.
Close to the shores of Cardigan Bay, the nearest beach is "Mwnt" just 3 miles away - looked after by The National Trust – it is a gorgeous little sandy cove where dolphins are often sighted. Mwnt has won many awards including being placed by the Daily Mail at the top of its list of “Europe’s top ten loveliest, hidden beaches”
There are many other lovely beaches nearby … Aberporth, Llangranog, Penbryn, Poppit, Gwbert, Newport, Newquay, Cwm Tydu all waiting to be explored - while on the headland stretching between them, the Wales Coastal Path allows walkers to experience some of the finest coastal scenery in Europe. The views are awe-inspiring as the paths pass through some of the wildest and beautiful parts of the Pembrokeshire National Park and the Ceredigion Marine Heritage Coast
Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park is not too far from a large array of activities and attractions including fishing, golfing, horse riding, boat trips, castles and stream trains. It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for a relaxing escape or if you want to take part in the recreation and adventure to be found in the local area, there is something for everyone.
· Modern, clean, toilets
· Free showers
· Hair dryers
· Shaver points
· All night lighting
· Indoor wash up area
· Free hot water
· Information centre
· Refuse and recycling point
· Family / Disabled room with D.O.C. pack and level entry shower
· Play area
· Games room
· Discounted admission to indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam-room & gym
· Salon available for extra pampering
BRONGWYN HOLIDAY COTTAGES
Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park offers a wonderful cluster of 4 and 5 Star cottages that are situated in a tranquil corner of Cardiganshire in West Wales. They offer a cosy self-catering retreat that is full of luxury and comfort because of the site’s attention to detail.
The holiday cottages vary in size and they are available for weekly or longer breaks as well as short breaks, long weekends, swimming holidays and spa breaks.
The cottages offer comfortable furnishings and luxurious equipment that bring the cottage up to an extremely high standard of quality.
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS WITHIN ONE HOUR CAR JOURNEY
• A Bay to Remember - Wildlife Boat Trips
• Carew Castle: The ruins complete with mill pond and working Tide Mill
• Cilgerran Castle stands majestically at the top of a large gorge overlooking the Teifi
• Haverfordwest Castle sits high on a hilltop 80ft above the River Cledd
• Laugharne Castle on the Taf River estuary in the sleepy seaside town immortalised by Dylan Thomas
• Llansteffan Castle perched on a headland overlooking Carmarthen Bay
• Manorbier Castle has lovely gardens inside and views over the beach
• Cenarth Adventure Centre-Paintball/Laser Combat
• New Quay Dolphin Spotting Boat Trips
• Cardigan Golf Club - 10% discount for our guests
• West Wales Treasure Trails
• Dolaucothi Gold Mines
• Castell Henllys Iron Age Hill Fort
• Picton Castle and Woodland Gardens
• The Welsh Wildlife Centre
• Teifi Valley Railway
• National Wetlands Centre in Llanelli
• The National Botanic Gardens of Wales at Middleton Hall in nearby Carmarthen
For keen fishermen staying at Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park, the waters around Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire provide wonderful fishing for sea, shore, freshwater and coarse anglers.
• Llysyfran Country Park and Reservoir. The largest game fishery in West Wales is Llysyfran Reservoir, a 212 acre mixed rainbow and wild brown trout fishery with a fleet of 30 boats, extensive disabled angling facilities, and a visitor centre and restaurant.
• Rhydlewis Trout Farm & Smokery: Well stocked 3-acre lake for fly fishing rainbow trout, Shop on site selling smoked products. Open all year. Rod hire available. Rod licence needed (available from local post office).
• Llanarth Coarse Fishery near New Quay. A purpose-built 2 acre pond heavily stocked with carp. A newly excavated mixed coarse pond with easy access for disabled anglers. Tackle for hire. Tuition by prior arrangement. Fish:Carp - mirror and common, crucian, tench, bream and roach. Permits: available on site
For all you Twitchers out there . . . These are some of the wild birds we have spotted in the garden, meadows and on the woodland trails around Brongwyn:
Buzzard, Red Kite, Sparrow Hawk, Pheasant, Moorhen, Woodcock, Curlew, Herring Gull, Lesser Black Backed Gull, Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove, Swallow, House Martin, Starling, Magpie, Rook, Carrion Crow, Raven, Wren, Dunnock, Garden Warbler, White Throat, Chiff Chaff, Robin, Blackbird, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Pied Wagtail, House Sparrow, Bullfinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Tree Creeper, Barn Owl, Spotted Woodpecker, Jay, Wild Duck, Thrush, Heron, Willow Warbler.
More details on the Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park website
Brongwyn Touring Caravan & Camping Park
Cardigan Holiday @ Brongwyn