Located in the heartland of rural Wales, Gwerniago Campsite is a working farm and campsite. The farm is run by a Welsh speaking family and the campsite is located just outside of the village of Pennal in the lovely Dyfi Valley.
The farm is a great location for bird watching and walking. Red Kite are regular visitors to the site. Walkers and cyclists love the site with its elevated views over the Dyfi Valley, woodlands and riverside walks.
The site features a brand new toilet block that contains disabled facilities and family rooms. It also includes separate male and female showers and toilets as well as washing up facilities with hot water.
You can ask at the reception about Wi-Fi, which is available at the house. The site allows campfires and BBQ’s next to your pitch. A short walk down the country lane from the site there is a local shop and pub.
• Talyllyn Steam Railway, the world's first preserved Railway. The Rev. Wilbert Awdry inspiration for Thomas the Tank stories a 20 min drive away.
• Corris Narrow Gauge Steam Railway, 10 min drive
• Cambrian Railway Line where they run a Steam Train from Machynlleth to Pwllheli during July and August.
• Centre for Alternatine Technology (CAT) - 10 min drive
• Machynlleth Owain Glyndwr Parliament House - 7 min drive
• We are a 20 min drive from the RSPB reserve at Ynyshir which are hosting the BBC Springwatch series for 3 years
• Also 10 min drive from the Dyfi Ospreys project at Cors Dyfi Reserve where 3 osprey chicks were successfully hatched and reared this year, the first time for 400 years in Mid Wales. You can see the nest from our campsite with a good pair of binoculars.
• We also have Red Kites flying around the campsite area and there is a feeding attraction 30 min drive at Nant yr Arian Forestry Area.
• Cadair Idris Mountain - 15 min drive
• Corris Craft Centre , King Arthur Labyrinth and Corris Mine Explorers - 15 min drive