Sykeside Camping Park
OPEN ALL YEAR
Sykeside Camping Park is located in the heart of the Dovedale Valley. It is surrounded by Dove Crag, Hart Crag and Fairfield. Nearby is Brotherswater, making the park an inspiring location for Lake District camping. There are great views from whichever pitch you choose at Sykeside Camping Park.
The park is carefully laid out in order to blend in with the amazing surroundings and to provide a wide variety of location to camp across the site. Sykeside’s aim is to keep a very natural place. The owners pride themselves on their park’s real outdoor feel.
Sykeside Camping Park have all of the modern facilities that you would expect at a campsite.
• modern shower and toilet facilities that are well located. They are regularly cleaned to ensure a high standard is maintained
• shaving sockets and power points are available in the shower block
• laundry and drying room
• dish washing area
• 19 electric hook-ups with hard standing for camper vans
• well-stocked shop caters for the majority of campers' needs with fresh provisions, camping equipment and supplies, maps and guides
• meals are available on the site at the Barn End Bar
• Brotherswater Inn, within the site grounds, offers meals and accommodation
• fishing available in Brotherswater which is within easy walking distance
• please note that due to our position in the bottom of the valley television reception is extremely unreliable, and there is no mobile phone reception at all.
Members of the Caravan Club have the luxury of experiencing Sykeside from the comfort of their own caravan.
Sykeside Camping Park is open all year round. They offer 5 hard standings on their site that all feature electric hook-ups. They are situated in a secluded area of the park but are still near all of the facilities. Just 200 yards away is the Brotherswater Inn.
Brotherswater Inn is a welcoming Lake District pub that offers bar food and accommodation.
Sykeside Camping Park is a favourite with families, walkers, climbers and ramblers. The site is the number one choice for a campsite in the heart of Lakeland.
OUR FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO FROM HERE:
• Walking up Dove Crag and staying overnight in the cave (the Priest Hole)
• Having a picnic on the shore of Brotherswater
• Bathing in the waterfall pools halfway up Dove Crag (if it’s warm enough!)
• Waiting up to see the badgers, they come onto the campsite to steal food after dark
• After a long walk up High Street or Helvellyn having a well earned pint and a hearty meal at The Brotherswater Inn.
OUR FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO FROM NEAREST TOWNS
• Having a meal and watching a film in the cosy cinema in Ambleside
• Getting a steamer down Ullswater and walking back along the shoreline
• Watching the Ospreys at Bassenthwaite Lake
• Quad biking at Rooking House Farm
• Pony Trekking at Limefitt Park
Situated at the northern foot of the Kirkstone Pass just off the A592, we are easily accessible as are Patterdale, Glenridding, Windermere, Ambleside, Ullswater, Coniston and Keswick.
Visit the Sykeside Camping Park website for further information
Sykeside Camping Park