Westermill Farm has camping in a beautiful, secluded valley in the centre of Exmoor National Park on a family run working hill farm.
The site has been awarded a gold David Bellamy Award for Conservation for the last 21 years and also has 3 pennants from the AA.
Camp in mown meadows beside the River Exe. Bathe or Fish (not coarse fishing) in the 2 miles of the river Exe.
Westermill Farm has a Seasonal Small Shop which sells bread, milk, eggs, bacon etc. sourced locally. Also delicious marshmallows for the campfires and logs are available.
New facilities include a dish washing area, large drying room for those wet days! plus two family shower rooms, one being for disabled use. All heated by the bio mass wood chip boiler using wood grown on the farm. There is also a Fridge and Freezer on site.
* The campsite consists of 15 acres divided into 4 fields
* All the fields are in the valley and follow the river
* The 1st field is fenced off from the river
* All the other fields are open to the river
* About ½ a mile of river frontage
* Most of our visitors who come here, come for the peace and quiet, they like to relax and unwind
* Most people like to retire to bed before 11pm so we run a quiet site at night
* Try some of our home grown meat Beef, Lamb and Pork. 'Lamb/Mint'. 'Pork/Apple' Burgers Sausages. Bacon and Award winning Aberdeen Angus Beef
* We allow BBQ's as long as they are placed off the ground. so they don't burn the grass
* Open camp fires are allowed in Thricelet, field 4
Westermill Farm is situated in the dark sky reserve so is an ideal spot for star gazing, from the comfort of your own tent. Exmoor was designated Europe's first international Dark Sky Reserve in 2011.
If you don’t fancy camping then there are self catering cottages with log burners and heating fuelled by the wood chip boiler.
Click on the Westermill Farm website for further information
Westermill Farm House