Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park
Set in a lovely valley surrounded by National Trust protected coastline on the southern end of Devon, Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park near Salcombe is a great place for your next holiday.
Just one mile away from the site is the lovely fishing village of Hope Cove, with its sandy beaches and rock pools. Four miles from the park, guests can explore the sailing Mecca of Salcombe. It has often been described as the most beautiful estuary in England.
Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park near Salcombe offers guests peace and tranquillity. They do not have a bar, club or children's playground. They do have their own well-stocked, on-site shop that features freshly cooked baguettes and croissants daily. They have a takeaway menu full of delicious, hot food. The park is big enough that children have plenty of room to play happily and safely.
The park caters to touring caravans, motor caravans, tents and trailer tents. They recommend that you book your pitch in advance, especially during school holidays as the park is small and is usually full during these periods. The park is family run and the owners do their best to ensure that guests have an enjoyable stay. Many guests return to the park again and again.
Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park near Salcombe offers a total of 70 pitches. Twenty of these are designated for touring caravans. All the pitches are situated on 2 adjacent fields. During August, they offer a number of camping pitches on their Top Field. Though this field is further away from the facilities, it offers unrivalled views out to the sea.
The park's main 5-acre field has been purposely terraced and tree-lined in order to provide level pitches that offer extra privacy. Many of the terraces feature hook-ups. There are water points near to each pitch.
A majority of the pitches have great views, either across the valley or out to the sea. The park has 2 large, open areas that are kept free of camping so that children may have a space in which to play safely.
They have a smaller adjoining caravan field that is gently-sloping. It features 5 pitches for touring caravans that include hook-ups and water points. Their small fleet of 2 bedroom static caravans for hire are also situated in this field.
Every new guest is shown to a pitch and is given a brief introduction to the park. You can reserve a specific pitch for any future visit.
HOLIDAY CARAVANS FOR HIRE
We have a small fleet of Willerby and Swift static caravans for hire weekly on either a Friday, Saturday or Sunday changeover.
32'x 10' in size with two bedrooms, our caravans are equipped to the highest possible specifications.
• Maximum occupancy - 4 persons (including infants).
• One double and one twin bedroom. Heater in both bedrooms.
• TV with DVD player.
• Well equipped kitchen with microwave, full size gas cooker and full sized fridge with freezer box.
• Heated shower room with toilet and wash hand basin.
• Fully equipped with duvets and pillows. (bring your own bed linen and tea towels).
• Garden chairs.
* Travelling south from Exeter on the A38, take the A3121 (sign posted Ermington/Modbury).
* At the first junction (Kitterford Cross) go straight across (sign posted Loddiswell/Kingsbridge).
* At California Cross, bear left after the filling station (sign posted Loddiswell/Kingsbridge).
* Pass down through Loddiswell.
* At the top of the hill, turn right at Sorley Cross (signposted Churchstow/Salcombe).
* At Palegate Cross roundabout take the second exit and pass through Churchstow.
* At Bantham Cross roundabout turn left (sign posted Salcombe).
* At the next junction (Langworthy's Barn) turn right to Salcombe (A381).
* At Malborough, turn sharp right through the village, following signs for Bolberry for 0.6 mile.
* Turn right to Bolberry Lane.
* Drive 0.9 mile, past Bolberry Farm site, through Bolberry and then you will find Karrageen Park on your right.
* On the left is a concrete drive to Karrageen House and reception. Please come around the circular drive and book in and then you will be shown to your pitch.
We do not recommend the use of GPS systems from Kingsbridge.
Click on Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park website for more information
Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park
Karrageen Caravan and Camping Park