Wellington Country Park
Wellington Country Park is situated between Reading and Basingstoke just off the A33, with easy access from the M3 and M4 motorways.
Our campsite is situated within mature woodland offering a unique camping experience for all the family and includes UNLIMITED entry into the Park for the duration of your stay. Wellington Country Park is a great place to relax and be at one with nature, whether you are on a family holiday, a short break or touring.
As a destination be it a holiday or short break, you will find on your doorstep, 350 acres of prime Hampshire Countryside along with loads to keep the kids occupied, including Adventure Play Areas, Enchanted Forest, Toddlers Play, Adventure Play Trail, Miniature Railway, Soft Play, Jumping Pillow, Animal Farm and now our Splash Pad. Why not have a look at our events calendar and tie in your stay with one of our events, which are FREE to join in.
Our campsite is also an ideal touring base for Hampshire, Berkshire and the South. The historic cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury, Windsor Castle and the University town of Oxford are all within an hour’s drive. Much closer are the excellent shopping centres of Reading and Basingstoke, with a vast variety and selection of shops, whether they be little boutique or large department stores. Other local attractions include LEGOLAND, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Ascot and Kempton Race Courses to name a few.
Wellington Country Park welcomes touring caravans, motor homes, trailer tents and tents. Pitches are set within a woodland glade and the ground is that of a typical natural forest floor. This means it could be slightly uneven, have tree roots on show, gravel or puddles (in wet weather) and will offer natural shade from trees in the summer.
A selection of different types of pitches are available:-
• Premium Pitches: These are electric pitches and offer you slightly more privacy than normal electric pitches. They are ideal for caravans, motor homes and trailer tents. Some are suitable for tents; please ask at time of booking.
• Electric Pitches: Suitable for caravans, motor homes trailer tents; some are suitable for tents; please ask at time of booking.
• Non-Electric Pitches: These are pitches suitable ‘ONLY’ for tents.
NB. Pitch facilities are suitable for touring caravans and motor homes up to a maximum length of 26ft and tents up to an 8 berth.
• Shower Block: The FREE washing facilities are found in the middle of the Campsite and comprise of toilets, showers, hot and cold water, electric shaving points and hair driers (coin operated).
There is a laundry situated next to the facilities with a washing machine, tumble drier (tokens are available from either the Campsite Warden or Reception) and an iron (coin operated). There are sockets for charging phones, freezer facilities and public phone
• Washing Up Area: This is a covered, lit area found behind the laundry room, with a hot and cold water supply for washing of utensils etc.
• Electric: Each hook up point is clearly numbered on each pitch and delivers a maximum of 1.5KW (6 amps) per pitch. Please ensure that you do not exceed this, as it will cause the circuit to trip. Generators are not permitted.
• Gas (Calor): Butane and Propane bottles are available from Reception. Reading Caravan centre is nearby and their camping shop carries a much larger selection of camping equipment and supplies should you need them.
• Refuse: Refuse sites are found near to pitch 25 and opposite the Campsite Warden's caravan. Please remember to recycle where possible. There are separate bins available for general rubbish, mixed recycling and glass. There are also areas for disposing of used barbeque coals at these points.
• Elsan Points: These are situated near the refuse points. Please ensure you ONLY put toilet waste down them as nappies, wipes and sanitary towels will block this facility. For these items, please use the sanitary and nappy bins provided in the main toilet block.
Please note the following useful tips:
For 'Tents/Trailer Tents', we strongly recommend that you:-
• Bring both an extra ground sheet to offer better protection and toughened tent pegs
• A torch, as the Campsite is not lit at night
• Bring clothing and footwear suitable for the weather conditions, including storage for any wet items
Please note, refunds will not be given due to poor weather
Due to our location, you WILL encounter typical woodland insects; Please come prepared!!
To make a booking, please call on 01189 326444
Click on the Wellington Country Park website for further information
Wellington Country Park
Wellington Country Park