Thorpe Hall Caravan and Camping Site
Thorpe Hall Caravan and Camping Site is a quiet and peaceful pleasant park just outside the village of Rudston in the grounds of Thorpe Hall. Caravans, Tents and Motorhomes are welcome and the site is open from the 1st March until the 31st October. The park is only 4.5 miles from the sea at Bridlington.
Enthusiastically managed by Jayne Chatterton, it is set on flat grass, largely enclosed and sheltered by the old kitchen garden wall. The pitches are numbered and well spaced with many with electrical hook-ups (16A) and TV connections.
A separate area takes tents and there are no caravan holiday homes. There is always a chance of finding space, though it is best to book for Bank Holidays and peak weeks.
During your stay, why not try some real country pursuits, such as coarse fishing on one of the lakes or take a guided nature, flora and fauna walk. Or, if you’d just like to explore the estate feel free to enjoy the country walks.
There are plenty of things to do in the local area, whether you’re looking for something action packed or more low key and quiet. Shops, attractions, restaurants and the historic Old Town of Bridlington offer a fascinating contrast to life on the beach. Further afield are the picturesque villages and scenery of the Yorkshire Wolds, the neighbouring resorts of Hornsea and Withernsea, and the spectacular Heritage Coastline.
* Our own Coarse Fishery Open March – October,
* Good Walking on an excellent network of Public Footpaths. “Walks of Rudston” Leaflets available free.
* Lovely Countryside with much to interest the Nature Lover.
* Near to Heritage Coast, Flamborough Head, Bempton RSPB Reserve and Bridlington Bay.
* The Monolith, Britain’s tallest free-standing stone can be seen in the churchyard of All Saints, Rudston.
* The Yorkshire Wolds are little known, unspoilt by modern development and are scenically very beautiful,
* Stately Homes in the area include Sledmere, Burton Agnes, Burton Constable and Castle Howard.
Visit Thorpe Hall Caravan and Camping Site website for further information
Thorpe Hall Caravan & Camping Site
- Battery Charging
- BBQ area
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Car Parking
- Child Play Area
- Dogs allowed
- Drinking Water
- Electric Hook-up
- Electric Shaver Point
- Fishing Available
- Food Shop
- Games Room
- Gas Cylinder Available
- Golf Course
- Ice Pack Facility
- Motor Home Pitches
- Shower Facilities
- Tent Pitches
- Tour Caravan Pitches
- Wheelchair Access
- Wireless Internet