High Hermitage Caravan Park
The High Hermitage Caravan Park is situated between the picturesque villages of Wylam and Ovingham on the North bank of the River Tyne.
The peaceful riverside park is enclosed by woods and stream on three sides with gentle open slope to south.
*** OPEN ALL YEAR ***
The caravan park hosts 28 static pitches with electric, water and sewer service to each pitch. There are also five touring pitches and ten camping pitches for visitors who wish to bring their own tourers and camping equipment.
The park has a range of amenities including a clean shower/toilet block, laundry room, public telephone and parking besides your pitch. Giant draughts, chessboard and excellent private fishing are all available.
Ideally situated excellent base for exploring beautiful Northumberland.
There are many things to do and see locally:
• Close House Golf Club and Prudhoe Golf Club nearby
• Fishing on the Tyne as part of the Caravan Park owns 500 yards of the river bank
• Stephensons cottage/bridge
• Corbridge Roman Site
• Vindolanda – Roman ruins
• Housesteads Roman Fort
• Bolam Lake
• Keilder Water and Forest and loads of nature walks
• Local pubs and restaurant’s with friendly atmosphere and good food
• Northumberland coast is only 40 minutes away
• Metro Centre is 25 minutes away
• Beamish Museum
• Arts and Crafts Centres
• Open farms
• Go Ape which is a massive outdoor adventure for kids of all ages
Take Wylam exit signs from A69 and river road from Wylam to Ovingham. Entrance to Park approx 1 mile along this road on right.
WE NOW HAVE A RANGE OF HOLIDAY LODGES FOR SALE
– PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS
Please click link below to visit the website of High Hermitage Caravan Park
The High Hermitage Caravan Park
- Battery Charging
- BBQ area
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Car Parking
- Drain Hook-up
- Drinking Water
- Electric Hook-up
- Electric Shaver Point
- Fishing Available
- Gas Cylinder Available
- Ice Pack Facility
- Motor Home Pitches
- Shower Facilities
- Static Pitches
- Tent Pitches
- Tour Caravan Pitches
- Water Hook-up