Ladycross Plantation Caravan Park is set in the heart of the North York Moors National Park. The park is in a beautifully sheltered and screened site, less than 2 miles from Egton Village and conveniently located for touring the magnificent North York Moors National Park.
The site is on high ground, just off the main A171 Teeside to Whitby road and the caravans are pitched in delightful areas of woodland with the amenity block in a central position.
* Two heated amenity blocks with toilets, showers, hair driers and electric shaving points.
* Laundrette with washing machine, spin drier, tumble drier and sink.
* Site office, well stocked with leaflets of local attractions.
* Pay Phone in Site Office
* Sale of milk, bread, eggs, Calor gas and newspapers from the site office.
* Book exchange library available.
* Excellent dog walk in woodlands surrounding the site.
* Electric hook ups, 10 amp, 240 volt.
* Some seasonal pitches available.
* Family owned and run.
* David Bellamy Gold Conservation Award.
* Baby changing facilities.
* Vegetable preparation and washing up area available in a central position.
* Good television reception.
LODGES FOR RENT AND SALE
There is a new development of individually designed luxury oak clad lodges set in an area of mature woodland at the top of the park where you can relax, enjoy the wildlife and indulge in a holiday that’s just that little bit different.
OUT AND ABOUT
In Whitby you can visit the Abbey which is spectacularly poised on the cliff top alongside St. Mary’s Church or perhaps visit he Captain Cook Memorial Museum.
There are many opportunities to sample Whitby’s excellent fish and chips and to watch the fishing boats in the harbour, or perhaps take a trip on a fishing boat or on the old lifeboat – sea legs a must !!
Whitby also offers attractions on the West Cliff such as the paddling pool and crazy golf or why not just sit and watch the world go by out at sea.
A little further North along the coast are the sandy beaches of Sandsend and if you are feeling energetic, there are beautiful walks along the cliffs to Runswick Bay or through the privately owned Mulgrave Woods (check when they are open).
South of Whitby, Robin Hood Bay is an attractive village to visit and a little further on, the Staintondale Shire Horse Farm is a delightful place to visit for the whole family.
Further inland there is ‘Heartbeat’ Country with beautiful villages and country walks as well as the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway which runs from Grosmont to Pickering. It is possible to dine on the train but remember to book first. Trout fishing is available at Pickering and closer to home, fishing can be arranged at Scaling Dam.
For the more energetic, there is boating on the River Esk at Ruswarp, sailing at Scaling Dam, horse riding and golf are within easy reach of the site and of course for the really energetic, cycling is a good way to explore the area.
Click on the Ladycross Plantation website link for more information
Lady Cross Plantation,