Otterington Park is situated in the Vale of York on a family-run farm. The site is an ideal base for visiting the Moors and Dales of Yorkshire. This includes locations from TV favourites such as Heartbeat, Emmerdale Farm, All Creatures Great & Small (Herriot) & Brideshead Revisited.
The park is purposely built and designed to cater for up to 65 touring units and camping pods.
Facilities include electricity and luxury heated amenities blocks that include individual bath and shower rooms, disabled facilities and laundry facilities. The site welcomes children and dogs.
Otterington Park has recently completed a brand new development that is ready for 40 luxury holiday lodges and static caravans. This development is set in grounds that have been awarded the David Bellamy Gold Conservation Award. These grounds adjoin the touring site. They have designed and constructed this new site to offer the highest standards and facilities to their customers.
The park has several nature walks that are available on-site that are exclusively for customers’ use. This includes a walk along Howe Beck that leads from the caravan park to the fishing lake.
In the local area there are also many walks available among the Moors and Dales that are good for both amateurs and professional walkers.
As you enjoy your stay at Otterington Park you can visit historic cities and market towns such as Northallerton and Thirsk, leisure centres, golf courses, theme parks, tourist attractions, equestrian facilities and stately homes.
• Falconry UK, Birds of Prey Centre (2 miles away)
• Herriott Centre (Thirsk)
• Theme Parks: – Lightwater Valley, Flamingoland
• Coast: – Robin Hoods Bay, Runswick Bay, Staithes (old fishing village), Whitby, Redcar, Scarborough, Filey
• Ancient Monuments: – Easby Abbey, Byland Abbey, Rievaulx Abbey, Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal (World Heritage Site), Mount Grace Priory, Richmond Castle, Helmsley Castle, Bolton Castle (Wensleydale), Bolton Abbey (Wharfedale)
• Gardens: – Thorp Perrow Arboretum, RHS Harlow Carr (Harrogate)
• Stately Homes: – Nunnington Hall, Castle Howard (Brideshead Revisited), Kirkleatham Hall, Kiplin Hall, Newby Hall and Gardens, Beningbrough Hall, Harewood House and Gardens
• Railways: – Wensleydale Railway, North Yorks Moors Railway (Heartbeat), Kirklees Railway, Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway
• Market Towns: – Ripon, Richmond, Thirsk, Northallerton, Masham – (Black Sheep Brewery visitor centre)
• Ancient Cities: – Ripon Cathedral, Ripon Prison Museum, York Minster, Castle Museum, Cliffords Tower, York Dungeons, Jorvik Centre, City walls (free), Durham Cathedral
Please click below to visit the website of Otterington Park
- Battery Charging
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Car Parking
- Child Play Area
- Dogs allowed
- Drinking Water
- Electric Hook-up
- Electric Shaver Point
- Fishing Available
- Gas Cylinder Available
- Ice Pack Facility
- Motor Home Pitches
- Shower Facilities
- Static Pitches
- Tent Pitches
- Tour Caravan Pitches
- Wheelchair Access