York Meadows Caravan Park
York Meadows Caravan Park at Sheriff Hutton is set in an idyllic location surrounded by rolling farmland, nestled in the stunning and tranquil splendour of the Howardian Hills and Vale of York.
Situated in a perfect area to explore the hustle and bustle of the Historic City of York, or perhaps visit one of the greatest private residences in Britain, Castle Howard Stately Home just 5 miles from the park. Not to mention Coastal areas which have something to offer for all the family. Or get away from it all and get back to nature, exploring the North Yorkshire Moors which is full of magnificent scenery. With a network of public footpaths nearby such as the Ebor Way, Wold Way and Centenary Way, this is a truly a sensational area to discover, full of natural outstanding beauty offering unforgettable walks.
York Meadows Caravan Park is set on the outskirts of Sheriff Hutton. Sheriff Hutton is a village full of unique character with the Castle Ruins dominating the village skyline. The Castle has links with numerous people including Richard III. The village is a short walk away from the park, meaning there is easy access to pubs and shops.
York Meadows Caravan Park is open 1st March – 31st October. Tucked away along a private lane, it offers hard standing, grass and super pitches for motorhomes/touring and seasonal caravans. The park has an exclusive area of new and used Holiday Homes For Sale. Open for 2018 our new development with holiday homes for sale.
Individual shower and bathroom facilities for families have been added for 2018.
OUT AND ABOUT
The attraction of this part of Yorkshire lies not only in its beautiful countryside but also in its wealth of places to visit. There are opportunities in the area to take part in a wide range of activities and sites to see such as; fishing, shopping, bowling, golf, adventure parks, castles, abbeys and stately homes.
Make sure you put these following places on your “where to go list’
• Family Walks and Long Distant Path, Ebor, Centenary and Wold Way
• Visit the Historic City of York and sites to see such as, York Minster, Jorvik Centre, York Dungeon, York Railway Museum and Castle Museum.
• Shopping Centres – Monk Cross Shopping Centre, The Designer Outlet, Clifton Moor.
• Wet Day Activities – Bowling, Cinema, Water World, Wacky Warehouse, Creepy Crawlies, the Farmers Cart and Play Dale.
• Fun Parks – Flamingo Land, Light water Valley
• Abbeys of Rievaulx, Byland, Ampleforth, Fountains and Whitby
• Castles at Sheriff Hutton, Helmsley, Pickering, Richmond, and Scarborough
• Stately Homes & Historic Houses of Castle Howard, Newby Hall, Newburgh Priory, and the National trust properties of Nunnington Hall, Beningbrough Hall and Rievaulx Terrace and Temples
• Cathedral of York and Ripon
• Lavender Farm at Terrington
• Museums of James Herriot (Thirsk), Eden Camp (Malton) Beck Isle (Pickering), Ryedale Folk Museum (Hutton-le-Hole).
• North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway (Pickering to Grosmont)
• Dalby Forest Drive and “Go Ape’ adventure course (Nr Thornton-le-Dale)
• Falconry at Duncombe Park
SPORTS AND RECREATION FACILITIES
In this ideal location, there are a large number of opportunities for golf, tennis, badminton, swimming, biking, country walking and much more.
Country Walks surround the park with a network of public footpaths, such as the Ebor Way, Centenary Way and Wold Way which can be enjoyed by the whole family. A leisurely walk or a hike, you can make these as hard or easy as you like, its suits all abilities.
Sandburn Hall just 3miles from York Meadows is a lovely place to visit, and very easy to spend the day there, with a restaurant, golf course, tennis and badminton, this can make for a lovely family day together.
Not only is there golf at Sandburn Hall but also a Strensall, York, Easingwold and Gilling East. If golf isn’t quite your cup of tea, do not worry, there are a number of other activities such as fishing at either Terrington or Amotherby, or perhaps you fancy something a bit more adventurous, then Water World, Flamingo Land (18miles), or Light Water Valley (28miles) are more for you.
Indoor/Outdoor Play Areas are a great way to spend the day. Enjoy the sunshine outside, and run for shelter if it rains, the weather cannot ruin your day. Creepy Crawlies and Wacky Warehouse are ideal for the younger children, with soft play areas. Playdale Farm and the Farmers Cart are brilliant for the whole family, with play areas for all ages, farm animals to see, and refreshments on site.
Click onYork Meadows Caravan Park website link for further information
York Meadows Caravan Park