Deer’s Glade Caravan Park and Camping Site is an exciting venture which opened in 2004. It is a quiet, rural, family-run caravan park and camping site set in a beautiful woodland clearing in north Norfolk, UK, catering for touring caravans, motorhomes and tents – a perfect venue for relaxing holiday in the countryside!
* A park where the emphasis is on the countryside, wildlife and conservation
* We are open 365 days a year
* All brand-new high-class facilities
* Seasonal pitch bookings and summer/winter storage available (prices on request)
* Easy site access from a straight road
* A few hard-standing pitches are available
* Minimum three nights’ booking on bank holiday weekends
* Arrivals from 2pm, departures by 12 noon at peak times
The caravan park and camping site has a natural play area for children, a fishing lake, dog walks, two high-class shower/toilet blocks and an on-site shop. You can come and enjoy cycling around quiet country lanes, trying to spot the local wild deer, fishing in our lake or peaceful walks. Available locally are horse riding, swimming, tennis, gyms and cycle hire.
OUT AND ABOUT:
• North Norfolk coast and beaches
• Pretty coastal villages including Brancaster, Burnham Market, Blakeney and Wells
• Norfolk Broads – day boat hire and tours available
• Historic city of Norwich – for the castle, museums, theatre and shopping
• Busy market towns – including Sheringham, Cromer, Aylsham and North Walsham
• Sandringham Estate
• National Trust properties including Blickling Hall, Felbrigg Hall and Sheringham Park
• Weavers Way for walking
• Marriots Way for cycling along a disused railway line
• Poppy Line – full size steam railway running form Sheringham to Holt.
• Thursford – collection of vintage steam engines, organs and fairground rides
• Strumpshaw Steam Museum – also hosts a large rally at the end of May
• Cromer Museum – a history of the fishing town
• Aviation Museum – a collection of all types of aircraft, near Norwich airport
• Pensthorpe – waterfowl collection and home of BBC ‘Springwatch’
• Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden – near the Broads
• Holkham Hall and beach
• Hoveton Hall gardens
• Priory Maze and gardens
• Sheringham Little Theatre – hosting small productions and films
• Cromer Pier Theatre – shows include their ‘Seaside Special’ variety show
• Alby Crafts – gallery, workshpos and tea room
• Downtide Centre – vintage attic, aquatics, watersports equipment, musical instuments and accessories
• Langham Glass – glass blowing and shop
• Seal trips – from Blakeney or Morston quays
From Norwich: Take the A140 towards Cromer. 5 miles beyond Aylsham, turn right towards Suffield Green, signposted White Post Road. The site is 1/2 mile on the right.
From Kings Lynn: Take the A148 towards Cromer. Turn right onto the B1436 towards Roughton. Then join the A140 towards Norwich. 2 miles beyond Roughton, turn left towards Suffield Green, signposted White Post Road. The site is 1/2 mile on the right.
Enjoy carefree Norfolk camping, book a pitch on our extra campsite, Muntjac Meadow. This is a camping experience for the more traditional, seasoned camper or those who are seeking a more relaxed, ‘no-frills’ camping holiday.
This is available in 2012 from 30th July to 26th August inclusive, only. It is exclusively for camping tents and has no electric hook-ups.
Muntjac Meadow campsite is a secluded area in a quiet setting, overlooking a farm and about 10 minutes walk, across the road from our main camping and caravan park.
There is a central, traditional camp fire each evening, weather permitting, around which people can chat and chill out.
Clean, modern and stylish facilities include showers, wash basins, WCs and washing up sinks. Please note, these facilities are housed within a relatively small, temporary building and there are no disabled or baby-changing facilities and no laundry on the meadow.