Gibraltar Farm is a traditional family run working farm situated in the heart of the Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, surrounded by breathtaking scenery and views of Morecambe Bay. The campsite comprises areas of ancient woodland and open grassland.
**** OPEN ALL YEAR ****
In a recent survey by the Daily Telegraph, the site has been listed as the top coastal campsite in the Northwest.
• Electric hook ups
• Brand new shower and toilet block
• Free hot water and showers
• Home made ice cream
10 acres of ancient woodland can be booked for pre-arranged groups (subject to availability and the payment of a non-refundable deposit).
• Walk through National Trust woodlands and English Nature reserves, around Morecambe Bay and along local footpaths
• Silverdale village centre is half a mile away with shops and public houses serving home cooked meals
• RSPB Leighton Moss Centre, one mile away, is nationally renown for rare birds such as the Bittern
• Excellent sea fishing with access on site
• Wolf House Gallery and tea shop are next door
• Attractive 18 hole golf course and all leisure activities (horse riding, swimming etc.) are also available nearby
• Silverdale railway station is only a mile away
• Lake District and Morecambe are a short drive away
Junction 36, M6, follow signs for Carnforth. Through Carnforth town past Post Office and Coop etc. Follow road through Millhead village, first left signposted to Silverdale. On that road for 4 miles over level crossing and first left at T junction. First left onto Hollins Lane, campsite at end of Hollins Lane opposite Wolfhouse Gallery.