Riverside Holidays is situated amongst green fields on the edge of the picturesque village of Hamble, with its many welcoming pubs and restaurants. The park overlooks the River Hamble and one of the three marinas situated along its bank, appealing to country lovers who enjoy walking, sailing and fishing.
Riverside is a family owned and run park and has its own resident wardens for your convenience. We all look forward to welcoming you to our holiday park.
CAMPING AND TOURING (March to October)
For tourers and campers Riverside Holidays provides free showers and toilet facilities. There are electric hook-ups, a launderette and enclosed wash-up area.
The main touring area is level with some shady pitches and there is another area that is very gently sloping. The camping and touring is open to tents, motorhomes and caravans and dogs are allowed (for which there is a nominal charge).
RIVERSIDE HOLIDAY HOMES (Available all year)
Riverside offers you a choice of luxury self-catering accommodation.
Pine lodges sleep up to five persons and are fully equipped with all you need including microwave, TV combi unit, midi hi-fi system, dishwasher, fridge and full-sized oven and hob. They are heated and double glazed ensuring your comfort at any time of the year including Christmas and New Year.
All of the luxury caravan holiday homes at Riverside Holidays are fully equipped for up to four or six persons. They all have showers and toilets (some also have hip baths) with hot and cold water and a fire in the lounge/dining area. The kitchens have everything you need including microwave, cooker and fridge with small freezer compartment at the top.
These holiday homes are available from mid February to late October.
Riverside Holidays exclusive caravan holiday homes, including our specially adapted unit for the disabled guest and their family, are centrally heated and double glazed throughout. They are fully equipped and also have TV combi units and midi hi-fi systems for your entertainment. They are available for shortbreaks or weekly breaks all year round including Christmas and New Year.
Any of the accommodation can be booked on a weekly or shortbreak basis and includes your bedding and bed linen, gas and electricity. Discounts and special deals are also given including senior citizen discounts, reductions for early bookings, etc.
Most of the holiday homes and lodges have a view of the river or marina. The marina, with its bar and restaurant, adjoins Riverside and is only 2 minutes stroll away. They serve some excellent value bar food and are generally open for breakfasts and coffees. They also have a conservatory and sun deck that overlooks the River Hamble and the yachts and boats below.
On the park you will find a launderette and tourist information centre. The reception carries a small stock of basic grocery items, as well as offering bikes for hire.
OUT AND ABOUT
What makes Riverside so special is simply its fabulous location, close to the River Hamble, Mecca for the international yachtsman. Also the location of the park is so ideal for the host of attractions around, places to go and things to do.
• The New Forest – Here you will find the famous New Forest pony, many beautiful villages and towns including Lymington and Lyndhurst, Beaulieu and Bucklers Hard and so much more.
• Beaulieu National Motor Museum, Palace House & Gardens – The unique motor museum with so much to see and do for all the family and your admission covers your entrance to the Palace House and Gardens, the Abbey and Monastic Life exhibition as well as the motor museum itself.
• Historic Portsmouth – So much to see and do including the historic ships like The Warrior, The Mary Rose and The Victory. Naval museums and D-Day history. Fun at the Pyramid Centre, Portchester Castle and the fabulous boardwalk at Port Solent.
• Isle of Wight – Why not take a day trip to the beautiful Wight Island with so much to see and do, so easily accessible from either Southampton or Portsmouth on foot or taking your own car.
• Historic Winchester – A beautiful cathedral and other historic buildings and excellent shopping centre.
• Southampton – So easily accessible from Hamble, providing excellent shopping facilities, and a museum with The Titanic exhibition, or why not follow the Titanic Trail. Ocean Village and Town Quay are full of bars and restaurants along their boardwalk. Leisure World is where you will find the amazing cinema complex, casino, bars and nightclubs. The Bargate sits in the centre of the town. The new West Quay complex is a shopper’s heaven, located right in the middle of Southampton City Centre, And, of course, Southampton is famous for the Boat Show!
Other attractions in the area include Victoria Country Park at Netley, Manor Farm and Park at Bursledon, the famous ‘Jolly Sailor’ public house on the river, Romsey Rapids, Paultons Fun Park, Poole Pottery and Bournemouth with its great sandy beaches!
Visit the Riverside Holidays website for further information
- Caravan Hire
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Car Parking
- Chalet Hire
- Cycle Hire
- Dogs allowed
- Drinking Water
- Electric Hook-up
- Electric Shaver Point
- Fishing Available
- Gas Cylinder Available
- Ice Pack Facility
- Licensed Club - Pub
- Motor Home Pitches
- Shower Facilities
- Static Pitches
- Tent Pitches
- Tour Caravan Pitches
- Wheelchair Access
- Wireless Internet