Avon Tyrrell Outdoor Activity Centre
Set in the beautiful surroundings of the New Forest, Avon Tyrell is a 65 acre outdoor activity centre with 7 camping areas, a small fully equipped tipi village and Grade I listed houses and lodges.
The camping areas are open to allow you to find a pitch that suits you within the camping area. Most of the pitches do not have electric hook-ups, but there are a few that do for those who need it. The site’s amenities include toilet and shower facilities, a café that serves good food at affordable prices and a small shop to cover your basic needs. A warm welcome awaits you at Avon Tyrrell.
In order to ensure that you get the time slot that you want remember to book your activity package in advance. There are drop in activities available depending on availability, ask at the reception for more information.
Avon Tyrell’s lovely Grade II listed site is on the top of a hill and affords wonderful views and breathtaking areas to explore. There are mountain bike tracks including a pump and gravity track for more experienced riders and two lakes. Other activities to enjoy in the area include kayaking, canoeing, climbing, abseiling, high and low rope challenges and a zip wire.
You can experience a genuine New Forest camping experience at Avon Tyrell. It is a historic site that features an abundance of wildlife including deer, badgers, birds, buzzards, geese, rabbits and goats.
The site opens up March 1st every year and closes October 31st.
PLACES TO VISIT:
The New Forest! • Bournemouth, Highcliffe, Boscombe and Southbourne beaches • Pepper Pig at Paultons Park • Longdown Dairy Farm • The National Motor Museum • New Forest Museum • The Dinosaur Museum • Snowtrax • New Forest Cider • Otter, Owl & Wildlife Park · Watercress Line • Exbury Gardens • Tower Park
A FEW UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT AVON TYRRELL:
• We offer bespoke packages to groups listening to their needs
• Staff are on call 24/7 and we are open all year
• Lots of history connected to the site
• We are a non profit, independent organisation where all profits go into projects for young people around the UK (UKYouth)
• We offer competitive camping prices AND have activities on site, making your camping holiday fun!
• We have direct access to The New Forest
• We have our own bike tracks on site offering something for everyone
• We have fantastic wildlife on site, sometimes you can see a herd of deer race across the field if your up early enough
• We are very close to the local beaches- Bournemouth, Highcliffe, Southbourne and Boscombe
From the southbound M3 motorway just before you get to Southampton, join the M27 (which becomes A31) and follow signs for the West and Bournemouth. Exit off the A31 left for BURLEY (signposted Burley and Services) and follow the signs into the centre of the village where you will find a triangular junction with a war memorial in the centre – turn right (signposted BRANSGORE and Avon Tyrrell). After a couple of miles you will rise up a hill and come to a crossroads at THORNEY HILL. Turn right (signposted for AVON TYRRELL). After about 400m there is a large sign to Avon Tyrrell and you’re there. Please be aware that not all sat navs are 100% reliable.
UK Youth Outdoor Centre