Braids Caravan Park
Braids Caravan Park offers either hard standing or grass pitches for their guests. They are a full facility park that has well maintained grounds. It is a perfect place to enjoy a relaxing break.
The park welcomes Rallies. The owners are active caravanners and they will do their best to ensure the every guest’s visit is a success.
Braid Caravan Park’s site and gardens are a great habitat for a wide variety of wildlife and birds. Some birds you can see include finches, robins, bluetits, siskins, yellow hammers, doves and pigeons.
The park has clean and well appointed toilets and showers. They have a disabled toilet available on the site.
They have a high level of security with a barrier operated one way system. When you arrive you will be charged a £5 refundable deposit. You will get your money back unless you break or lose your swipe card or lose the toilet key.
Braids Caravan Park has excellent laundry facilities that include an automatic washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing facilities. It is open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm every day.
• Gretna Gateway Outlet Village is approximately ½ mile from the site where there are quite a collection of shops.
• Braids Caravan Park is situated on part of the old Munitions Factory which was built during World War 1 and stretched for 7 miles. It started at the English Border and ended at a small town called Eastriggs where you can find the whole story at The Devils Porridge Exhibitions which is about 4 miles away.
• Gretna Green is a short distance from us where couples still marry to this day and you can visit the museum, shops and the Old Anvil Room.
• Braids Caravan Park have several Castles within travelling distance by car: Drumlanrig, which is well worth a visit. Comlongon, which is now a hotel and they hold quite a number of wedding receptions. Caerlaverock, which is now a ruin but there is a WWT Centre at Caerlaverock where you can see the swans being fed and watch the badgers in the evening (pre-booking only for the badgers) and you can watch the Ospreys and the Owls on CCTV cameras. They have a couple of “hides” where you can sit and watch the birds.
• There is also a very large play area at Mabie Park Farm, Dumfries for younger children and for the older children there is Go Karting track at Westlands which is about 4 miles from us.
• There are a couple of fisheries within driving distance from us. This information can be found in the caravan park’s own Information Centre.
• Braids Caravan Park have discount vouchers to allow you 10% off your food at two hotels and a pub. (Sorry this is not available for drinks).
• The park is in a very good public transport area, where you can catch a bus just outside our gates or go to the railway station at Gretna Green for Carlisle, Annan and Dumfries.
From the North – leave A74(M) at the Gretna exit, follow Gretna signs until T-junction, turn left and follow International Camping signs to site.
From the South – M6, A74, A75, second left (B721), site 600 yards on left.
From the East – (A6071) at island turn left onto Annan Road (B721), site 3/4 of a mile on right.
From the West – (A75) turn right onto B721, turn left and site is 600 yards on left.
For more info visit the Braids Caravan Park below
Braids Caravan Park
Dumfries & Galloway