Glenearly Caravan Park
Glenearly Caravan Park is situated just outside of the town of Dalbeattie in beautiful open countryside. The Park lies among the magnificent scenery in Dumfries and Galloway.
The park is a peaceful haven for statics, tourers, motorhomes and tents and offers first-class facilities. The level, well drained touring area is the perfect base to enjoy your holiday with all our touring pitches having 16amp electric and television hook-up.
For your comfort Glenearly Caravan Park has a modern toilet block which includes free hot showers. There is a launderette with washing machines, tumble dryer and washing-up facilities.
For those whose don’t have a tourer or motorhome we have three high specification holiday static caravans for hire. All facilities are open all year.
HOLIDAY HOMES FOR SALE
Glenearly Caravan Park can supply any make and model of new static caravan and lodges, sited on a spacious pitch of your choice with beautiful countryside views. There is also a good selection of quality pre owned statics holiday homes for sale on the park.
OUT AND ABOUT
The town centre of Dalbeattie is a pleasant ten minute walk from the park and is the shopping and amenity centre for this popular part of the Solway Firth.
The beaches of Sandyhills and Rockcliffe are within six to seven miles of the park. There are cliff top walks from Sandyhills to Portling and Rockcliffe with magnificent views towards Cumbria and the Isle of Man.
There are 20 golf courses all within one hours drive, with the nearest being Dalbeattie which neighbours our land. A few miles away is Kippford a well known sailing centre and nearby is part of the popular world class Forestry Commission mountain bike trails. Other activities available locally include pony trekking, forest walking, fishing and tennis.
• Mabie Forest – walking trails for all abilities and an extensive playground area with zipwire.
• Carstramon Woods, Gatehouse of Fleet – This ancient deciduous woodland is a Site of Special Scientic Interest, a Special Area of Conservation and a treasure trove of natural wonders.
• Mabie Farm Park – pets corner, traditional farm animals, indoor play area, donkey rides, quad bikes.
• Robert Burns House in Dumfries – the house where the poet died in 1796 with many original manuscripts
• Sweetheart Abbey – romantic ruins of the Cistercian monastery founded in 1275 by Lady Devorgilla in memory of her husband John Balliol.
• Broughton House and Garden, Kirkcudbright – former home of Glasgow Boy, EA Hornel. The townhouse contains many of his works and the library holds one of the world’s largest biggest Burn’s collections.
• Cardoness Castle, Gatehouse of Fleet – well preserved 15th century six storey tower house now run by Historic Scotland.
• Dundrennan Abbey, Dundrennan – Well preserved Cistercian structure founded in 1142 by monks from Rievaulx in Yorkshire. It is where Mary Queen of Scots spent her last hours on Scottish soil.
• Threave Castle, Castle Douglas – Take a boat across the Dee to the small island on which stands the 14th century tower built by Archibald the Grim and used as a Black Douglas stronghold.
• Dalbeattie Museum – packed with treasures and curios including a full-scale Victorian parlour and artefacts relating to the Titanic.
• Wickerman Festival held in July each year. This festival includes an diverse range of music, children’s entertainment and a huge camping site.
• Logan Botanic Gardens, Port Logan – warmed by the Gulf Stream the climate provides the ideal growing conditions for an amazing collection of Southern Hemisphere plants.
• Threave Gardens, Castle Douglas – A series of gardens created by students of the National Trust’s School of Heritage Gardening.
Visit the Glenearly Caravan Park website for further information
Glenearly Caravan Park
South West Scotland
- Caravan Hire
- Car Parking
- Cycle Hire
- Dogs allowed
- Drinking Water
- Electric Hook-up
- Electric Shaver Point
- Fishing Available
- Games Room
- Gas Cylinder Available
- Motor Home Pitches
- Shower Facilities
- Static Pitches
- Tent Pitches
- Tour Caravan Pitches
- Water Hook-up
- Wheelchair Access