Monkton Wyld Holiday Park
Monkton Wyld Holiday Park is only 3 miles from Charmouth and Lyme Regis and offers very large, 16 amp pitches which all back up against a hedge or shrub bed thus leading to a degree of privacy and spaciousness.
Charmouth has a wonderful sandy beach and is part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast whilst Lyme Regis has much to offer as is to be expected from a small seaside town.
Monkton Wyld Holiday Park’s staff only wish the best for you all and really want to help make sure your holiday to Dorset lasts in family memories for years to come. Pride is taken on the immaculate grounds with Davey in charge of a team of five.
Other features include:
• Recent investment providing excellent wifi coverage.
• Two superb shower blocks kept spotless by Hazel and her dedicated team
• New “surfaced pitches” especially suitable for tents and trailer tents – in great demand during wet weather spells – phone 01297 631131 for further information
• Two childrens play areas
• Milk, bread, eggs, bacon etc. ice creams and camping accessories with gas available in our small shop
• Level summer camping field with temporary toilets in field but only a 2 minute walk through a lit wood at night to one of the main site shower blocks. Some of these pitches also have 10 amp electricity
• A wealth of tourist information available to browse together with detailed local knowledge from Suzie and her wonderful team of office ladies
• On site food van visits twice a week
• On site woodland walk for dogs and a separate dog paddock where you can, if you wish, let them off the lead
• Access to the 80 acres of Monkton Wyld wood.
* Forde Abbey Stately Home and Gardens
* Abbotsbury Swannery, Sub Tropical Gardens and Childrens Play Barn – Baby swans hatch in May plus mid morning feeding time for the swans
* Seaton Tramway taking you up the Estuary to Colyton – why not walk back down the river and catch the tram for the last part of the journey home?
* Roman Caves and Pecorama at Beer – a lovely fishing village
* Axe Valley Wildlife Park – Fun for all the children
* Branscombe Donkey Sanctuary – Free Entry
* Lyme Regis with all its wonderful tourist attractions – Jazz, Food, Fossil & Folk Festivals plus Carnival and Regatta Week and much more besides!
* Safe, sandy swimming at Charmouth with Heritage Centre and fossils galore!
* Sidmouth International Folk Festival every August
* Ferne Animal Sanctuary – Free Entry
* National Trust properties of Montacute, Barrington Court, Knightshayes, Killerton all a short drive away
* Wonderful Walking on the Golden Cap Estate beautifully managed by the National Trust with hundreds of acres to roam
* Miles of local walks taking in Lamberts Castle, Coneys Castle and Trinity Hill, Pilsdon Penn – all less than 5 minutes by car.
* Hugh Fernley Whittingstall’s River Cottage HQ is about a mile from us with his Canteen in Axminster
* Mark Hix’s Farmous Garden Restaurant in Lyme
* Pubs, Antiques, Gardens, Arts Weeks (Everywhere!) Music Festivals and so much more besides means that this wonderful area can be enjoyed by all the family as there is Something For Everyone
Click on Monkton Wyld Holiday Park website for more info
Monkton Wyld Holiday Park
- Battery Charging
- BBQ area
- Chemical Disposal Point
- Car Parking
- Child Play Area
- Cycle Hire
- Dogs allowed
- Drinking Water
- Electric Hook-up
- Electric Shaver Point
- Fishing Available
- Food Shop
- Gas Cylinder Available
- Golf Course
- Ice Pack Facility
- Motor Home Pitches
- Shower Facilities
- Static Pitches
- Tent Pitches
- Tour Caravan Pitches
- Wheelchair Access
- Wireless Internet