Higher Rew Caravan and Camping Park
Located near the lovely Salcombe Estuary, Higher Rew is a family-run park that is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. They worked over a number of years to create a relaxed caravan and camping park for the enjoyment of guests. The English Tourism Council annually inspects the site and has given their park 4 Stars.
Higher Rew encompasses 5 acres of well maintained, gently sloping grassland. They have terraced the site in order to be able to offer 90 level pitches. A majority of the pitches feature wonderful views across South Sands valley. There are fields above the park that guests can use for dog walking, kite flying or just plain sitting and enjoying the countryside.
• The Park of 5 Acres is gently sloping but has been terraced to provide level pitches 70 of which have electric hook-ups available.
• Frequently cleaned, recently refurbished ladies & gents toilets.
• Hair drying and shaver points.
• Newly refurbished shower cubicles.
• Free hot water at all sinks and basins.
• Laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer, deep sinks, iron & ironing boards.
• Indoor dish washing facilities.
• Play barn with table tennis, skittle alley and pool table.
• Covered play area for children under 11 years.
• Tennis court available for hire.
• Plenty of open space for children to play.
• Ice pack freezing facilities and ice pack rental.
• Camping & Calor Gas stocked.
• Well stocked shop, newspapers available to order (high season)
• Book exchange.
• Dogs welcome on the park if kept on lead. Adjacent fields available for dog walking.
• Free wifi in and around the facility buildings.
• The South Devon Pizza Co will be at the site on Wednesday evenings during peak season.
OUT AND ABOUT
Just 1 mile away from Higher Rew is South Sands which is great for boating, sailing, wind surfing and safe bathing. There is a ferry that runs from South Sands to Salcombe Town. Within walking distance of the park is Soar Mill, which is a sandy cove. There are a number of sandy beaches that are accessible by car. Public footpaths from the park lead to the Coastal Path and many other lovely walks.
Kingsbridge is a small market town that boasts many shops and cafes. The estuary runs adjacent to the main road leading out of the town through several quaint villages, including historical Totnes, and onto the naval town of Dartmouth.This area of South Devon is a walkers paradise, and coastal footpaths take you to the beaches of Hope Cove, across the cliff top to Thurlestone and for the avid walkers, onto Bantham. The scenery is breathtaking.
Visit Higher Rew Caravan and Camping Park website for further information
Higher Rew Camping Park
- Battery Charging
- BBQ area
- Car Parking
- Child Play Area
- Dogs allowed
- Drinking Water
- Electric Hook-up
- Electric Shaver Point
- Fishing Available
- Food Shop
- Gas Cylinder Available
- Golf Course
- Ice Pack Facility
- Motor Home Pitches
- Shower Facilities
- Tennis Court
- Tent Pitches
- Tour Caravan Pitches