Beacon Cottage Farm
Beacon Cottage Farm is situated in an “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty” and “Heritage Coast” and the whole area has recently been awarded “Clear Skies” status. The Southwest Coast Path passes our door offering access to hundreds of miles of coastal and inland walking with some of the best scenery in the UK. The area is ideal for anyone who enjoys walking, photography, bird watching and just relaxing with your loved ones.
The Camping Park is situated on a working family farm with a herd of beef suckler cows and arable crops. There are a total 70 clearly marked pitches suitable for caravans, tents and motor homes. The whole area is divided into 6 small enclosures 2 with spectacular sea views while the others are surrounded by small trees and shrubs offering shelter for those who prefer it.
On the park we have a full range of modern facilities available for guests including lovely shower and toilet blocks with free hot water, hair dryers and baby changing facilities and separate family wash/shower room .Fully equipped Laundry with washing machines, tumble dryer, spinner and iron plus separate sinks for dish and clothes washing all with free hot water. We have a small shop with gas exchange and freezer pack service. A dogs exercise field and exciting new play area for children.
We have a secure caravan storage facility and can put caravans on and off pitches ready for your arrival. We also offer part seasonal pitches which are proving very popular.
OUT AND ABOUT:
A few things that a visitor must do when staying in St.Agnes :-
• Enjoy the spectacular scenery – some of the best sea and coastal views in the country.
• Visit Chapel Porth Beach, a stunning little cove, owned by The National Trust. Ideal for surfing, exploring caves and with lovely rock pools for little children to play in.
• Visit Robins café at Chapel Porth and have a ‘Hedgehog’ ice cream.
• Visit the pretty little village of St.Agnes with its ruined harbour at Trevaunance Cove, museum of local history, pubs, cafes, restaurants and a great selection of food and craft shops.
• Go and see how tin was first produced at Trevellas Tim Streams.
• Take a trip to the cathedral city of Truro, 10 miles away.
• Learn about boating and the sea at the Maritime Museum in Falmouth.(15 miles).
• Enjoy a visit looking around the world famous Eden Project (20 miles).
• Spend a day walking along the Southwest Coast Path just relaxing and enjoying the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Heritage Coast and look out for the Cornish Chough – now resident in this area of coastline.
• Enjoy a special meal at Sally’s Bistro in St.Agnes, lovely fresh local food cooked to order.
• St Michaels Mount, Lanhydrok House, Trerice House, Trebah Gardens, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Godolphin House, Glendurgan Gardens, Trengwainton Gardens, Giant Bolster Pageant, Chapel Porth World Belly Board Championship – and so much more.
For more details go to the Beacon Cottage Farm website
Tent Pitches: YesTour Caravan Pitches: YesMotor Home Pitches: YesBeach Location: YesCar Parking: YesDogs allowed: YesChild Play Area: YesElectric Hook-up: YesFishing Available: YesFood Shop: YesGas Cylinder Available: YesGolf Course: YesLaunderette: YesPonies/Horses: YesSailing: YesShower Facilities: YesTelephone: Yes