River Dart Country Park
Set within Dartmoor National Park in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, The River Dart Country Park is a great place for your next holiday. Guests can see The River Dart which flows through the grounds. It has been designated as part of the Dartmoor Special Area of Conservation because of its diverse habitat. Guests who visit the park are in awe of the lovely surroundings in and around the park.
The River Dart Country Park encompasses 90 acres of spectacular woods, lovely lakes, the River Dart and stunning parkland that you and your family can enjoy. It makes an ideal setting for all sorts of outdoor activities.
The park strives to achieve and maintain excellent standards. They are inspected annually by the AA and rated 4 Pennants.
The River Dart Country Park is set within mature parkland and is bordered by woodland. They offer generously sized, neat, individually marked and numbered pitches.
They are a well-appointed site that has a park shop that stocks the essentials including newspapers, groceries, meat for the barbeque as well as emergency camping requirements such as torches and toothbrushes.
They have facility blocks that feature free hot showers, washing-up facilities, disabled facilities and coin-operated laundry rooms.
Everyone that stays on the site has free use of the extensive playgrounds. This does not include access to Dare Devils. They have places where children can play over space nets, swing through trees on jungle ropes or even play with a wooden pirate ship that is surrounded by water. They have facilities for toddlers as well including their Toddlers’ Beach and Lilliput which is perfect for young children.
The site features Sawmill café bar which offers a great selection of food and a licensed bar. High quality food is served all day, including a children’s menu.
The River Dart Caravan Park is a family-run park and they expect their guests to respect their neighbours. Their rule is that the site should be quiet after 11 p.m.
OUT AND ABOUT
The River Dart Country Park is an ideal base to explore and discover what this beautiful part of the country as to offer.
• Dartmoor National Park: The largest area of open country in England covering some 368 square miles. It is an exceptionally beautiful place to visit at any time of the year, with wide expanses of open moorland, wooded gorges and tumbling rocky rivers.
• High Moorland Visitor Centre: Six exhibition rooms with exciting displays featuring life size characters, computer interactive displays, audio visual and photographic displays. The exhibitions give an insight into the natural and cultural heritage of Dartmoor.
• The South Devon Railway: A steam train ride can be a fantastic day out for families looking to entertain the children, for couples wishing to experience fine dining or for train enthusiasts. As the steam trains meander through the beautiful South Devon countryside you can stop off at the Totness Rare Breeds Farm, the Dartmoor Otters and the Buckfast Butterflies.
• Pennywell Farm: An award winning farm activity park with animals and activities for the whole family.
• Dartington Cider Press: Fifteen stylish shops and eating places offering fine foods, traditional crafts, jewellery and pottery. Outlets includes Dartington Glass and Cranks Restaurant. A local produce market is held there every Saturday.
• Buckfast Abbey: A modern Benedictine Abbey with wonderful stained glass windows and gardens. The famous Buckfast tonic wine and honey can be purchased in the gift and produce shops.
• Totnes: An Elizabethan market town with lots of interesting shops and eating places and the ruins of a Norman castle. From the quay take a relaxing boat trip to Dartmouth.
Visit the River Dart Country Park website for further information
Tent Pitches: YesTour Caravan Pitches: YesChemical Disposal Point: YesCar Parking: YesDogs allowed: YesChild Play Area: YesCycle Hire: YesDrinking Water: YesElectric Hook-up: YesElectric Shaver Point: YesFood Shop: YesGames Room: YesGas Cylinder Available: YesLaunderette: YesLicensed Club - Pub: YesRestaurant/Cafe: YesShower Facilities: YesTelephone: YesTennis Court: YesWheelchair Access: YesWireless Internet: Yes